From her first gold medal at the 2002 Great American Beer Festival for her Hop Venom IPA, Tonya Cornett has left a trail of awards and delicious craft beers wherever she goes. In 2008, Tonya was recognized as the World Beer Cup Small Brewpub Brewer of the Year and was featured in the 2011 documentary, The Love of Beer. A veteran of the craft beer industry for nearly 20 years, Tonya focuses on creating quality recipes and is currently the Brewmaster of Research and Development for 10 Barrel Brewing in Bend, Oregon.
Tonya began brewing at home, before earning a Brewing Technology diploma through the World Brewing Academy, a partnership between Siebel Institute of Technology in Chicago and Doemens Academy in Munich, and then establishing herself in the brewing world at Bend Brewing Company. She has since moved on to 10 Barrel Brewing in Bend, Oregon, where she designs new and seasonal brews in addition to mentoring junior brewers. Tonya credits luck, timing and a few encouraging people for her start in craft brewing, and she looks forward to being able to champion future generations.
- Brewmaster for Bend Brewing Company, 2002
- Gold Medal for Hop Head IPA at 2006 Great American Beer Festival
- Small Brewpub Brew Master of the Year, 2008 World Beer Cup
- Tonya has guest brewed twice for the JD Wetherspoon Pub chain in England
- Featured prominently in 2011 documentary, The Love of Beer
- Brewmaster of Research and Development for 10 Barrel Brewing, 2012
Tonya's Top 5:
- Rubber boots
- Rubber gloves
- Small Hydro Flask for water during the day
- Hydro Flask 64 oz Growler to fill on my way home