Thank you for your interest in joining the Hydro Flask® crew. We are always looking for motivated people to join us at our headquarters in Bend, Oregon, one of the finest outdoor locations in the Pacific Northwest. We are a group of hard-working people and active outdoor enthusiasts who are constantly putting our products to the test.
As the world’s premier company for insulated products, Hydro Flask began with a challenge: to create a reusable water bottle that truly performs in any environment. It had to keep hot liquids hot and cold liquids cold. Period. Are you ready for a challenge?
If you are interested in any of the positions listed here, please follow the application instructions listed within each job description.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for in both the subject line of your e-mail, and in your cover letter.
We receive a large volume of resumes, so please be patient when waiting for a response.
Current Job Openings:
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Accountant will use his/her technical accounting skills and knowledge of internal controls to be a key team member working to improve business processes to meet the needs of our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of integrity in all aspects of his/her work and have a self-directed proactive approach to making the most of the position - someone who creates their own work rather than waiting to be handed assignments. Success in this role will rely heavily on excellent analytical skills and technical accounting knowledge, with the ability to be flexible to adapt to a changing business environment.
- Flawless Monthly Close: Assume full ownership for areas of responsibility, such as accounts receivable, inventory and accounts payable. Prepare monthly journal entries, fluctuation analyses, trend analyses, reconciliations and additional schedules. Collaborate with internal departments and outside parties to ensure transactions and reports are recorded and produced timely and accurately.
- Manage External Partners: Prepare and review audit and tax schedules to/from external accountants. Work with auditors to resolve issues and to make appropriate corrections to business processes and establish internal controls going forward.
- Balance Internal Control: Ensure appropriate levels of internal controls are maintained to ensure accurate financial records. Evaluate business processes and systems to optimize the internal control structure. Monitor performance of internal controls to ensure standards are being met.
- Foster Process Improvement: Work with team to streamline existing processes and to eliminate redundant or non-value added work. Be the finance advocate to ensure proper accounting treatment and controls are considered as the team seeks to continue to keep pace with company growth by determining ways to continually improve existing processes either through automation or re-design of existing business practices.
- Passion for Service: Candidate must be able to work with all levels of management both within Finance and with the non-financial team members. Candidate will have frequent interaction both with internal and external customers and must provide excellent customer service in all interactions.
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant accounting experience
- Associate’s degree in accounting required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong people skills including written and oral communication
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- Requires sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting, and bending.
- Minimal travel required.
Hydro Flask is a fun, dynamic group that is passionate about the products we sell and the jobs that we do. Creating the world’s highest performance, quality and durable water bottles, beer growlers and coffee flasks is part of our passion, but so is the agile, effective and fun company culture we are building in our work hard, play hard mantra. Participating in group runs, company BBQs, and occasional office pranks is not required, but highly encouraged. If this sounds like your cup of tea (or Hydro Flask of tea), please follow the instructions below to apply. Hydro Flask offers a 401k plan, profit share program, comprehensive health care and dental, a subsidized fitness program, holidays and paid time off.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and professional references with the subject line "Senior Accountant" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Unsolicited applications and resumes are not accepted and will not be retained. Thanks for understanding.