Hydro Flask bottles come with a one hundred year or a single lifetime warranty, whichever comes first!
By following a few simple maintenance steps, you can increase the longevity of your flask and ensure that every sip you take from your Hydro Flask in the coming years is just as clean and pure as the first.
Before Initial Use:
Hand wash your flask and cap with hot, soapy water. Rinse the flask as well as the cap, and it is ready to be filled for hydrating!
- Put your flask through the dishwasher: The dishwasher can get hot enough to affect the insulation property of the flask as well as discolor the powder coat.
- Put your Hydro Flask in the freezer: Due to the double wall vacuum insulation, the water inside will be protected from the temperature inside the freezer and won’t freeze. If you want ice cold water, put some ice cubes inside your flask and notice how long it takes them to melt!
- Put your flask on the stove: Due to the double wall vacuum insulating property of the flask, outside temperature will not change the inside beverage temperature. If you put your flask on any sort of stove or heat source, the heat will damage the outside of the flask.
- Wash your flask with a bottle brush: You can find a perfect bottle brush in the baby section of most grocery stores. Use the bottle brush as frequently as possible.
- Use white distilled vinegar for cleaning: You can use household white distilled vinegar to help remove any stains or discoloration on the inside of your flask. We recommend putting ½ cup of vinegar in your flask, gently swirling the vinegar around to wash any affected areas and let sit for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and repeat if necessary.
- Use baking soda for cleaning: For those stubborn spots inside your Hydro Flask, mix 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda with a small amount of warm water to form a scrubbing paste. Dip the bristles of your bottle brush in the paste and work paste into affected area on the inside of your flask. Repeat as necessary until stain disappears.
- Wash your caps in the dishwasher: All Hydro Flask caps are top-rack dishwasher safe. The cap may last longer if it is hand washed, but if it needs to be deep cleaned, the dishwasher is acceptable.