Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Shipping and Handling
- What methods of payment does Hydro Flask accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo are also accepted. Unfortunately, checks, money orders, and AMEX/VISA/MC/DISCOVER gift cards are not accepted.
- Can I use a debit card?
Yes, debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo are accepted.
- Why does my credit card or debit card show two charges?
Sometimes credit/debit card statements contain two transactions, but this is only temporary. When a purchase is made, an authorization charge is placed on credit/debit cards that temporarily holds funds on an account. This is not actually a charge on your card. Once the order has been shipped, this authorization becomes an approval and charges your account. The authorization is released at a maximum of 72 hours from the time of order.
- The address I typed is correct, but the website is not accepting it. What should I do?
Does the address you typed match the address on file with the credit card company? If you still encounter a problem after you’ve verified that the address matches, please call our Customer Service at 888-584-9376 for further assistance.
- Why does my Hydro Flask not have a registered trademark symbol?
Newly produced Hydro Flasks do not feature a registered trademark symbol next to our logo. This decision was made to enhance the presentation of the logo on our bottles. The absence or presence of a Hydro Flask registered trademark or R symbol next to our logo is not an indicator of authenticity.
- Why do the new Hydro Flask Wide Mouth bottles look different?
We've elevated the silhouette and modernized the design of our Wide Mouth bottles to align with the rest of our bottle lineup. This evolution comes without compromising performance — cold stays icy cold for 24 hours, and hot stays piping hot for 12 — just like always. There are a few differences in the new design, as noted by the below graphics:
- What do I do if my promotion code doesn’t work?
Verify that you entered the promotion code number exactly as shown, without spaces. Additionally, verify the date you are using the promotion code falls into the applicable date range. Once these are confirmed, if the problem persists, please contact our Customer Service at 888-584-9376.
Shipping and Handling
- How long will my order take to arrive (including processing and shipping)?
Depending on the shipping method selected and the type of order placed, processing and shipping times vary. Please see the chart below as a quick reference guide. Orders are processed and shipped during business hours only, so please note that the below estimates do not include nights, weekends, or holidays.
03/31/2020 Update: We are currently shipping orders on time! Refer to FedEx for service alerts in your region: fedex.com/en-us/service-alerts.html
Shipping Method Processing Time Shipping Time Price FedEx Ground 24 - 48 hours 1 - 5 business days Free on $30 + Two-day shipping for orders placed before 9am PT Same business day 1 - 2 business days Varies depending on weight and size of order Two-day shipping for orders placed after 9am PT Next business day by 9am PT 1 - 2 business days Varies depending on weight and size of order My Hydro™ FedEx Ground 1 - 3 business days 1 - 5 business days Free on $30 +
Orders placed before 9am PT for two-day delivery will be processed same day and arrive in two business days. If orders are placed after 9am PT, they will be processed and shipped the next day, arriving on the third business day.
For example, if an order is received before or by 9am PT on a Wednesday, you will receive your order by Friday. If the order is placed after 9am PT on Wednesday, you can expect your order to be delivered on the following Monday.
Please note, as with all of our shipping methods, two-day shipping estimates apply to business days only. If you place an order on Friday, your order will arrive on Tuesday (order is placed before 9am PT) or Wednesday (order is placed after 9am PT) the following week.
My Hydro™ orders
We strive for each My Hydro™ order to be uniquely you. Therefore, they are fulfilled separately from other Hydro Flask orders in an exceptional location that provides fast and dependable shipping. If you’d like to purchase other Hydro Flask products while ordering your My Hydro™, two orders will need to be completed (one on MyHydro.HydroFlask.com and one on HydroFlask.com) and two shipments will be required.
- Do I really get Free Shipping if I spend $30+?
Yep, it's true! Hydro Flask offers free FedEx Ground shipping on qualified orders: $30+ subtotal or using a free shipping discount code. Valid throughout the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.
Free shipping does not apply to Pro Deal orders and cannot be combined with some promotional discount codes.
- How to Care for Your Bottle
Your Hydro Flask is a life-long companion. Follow the simple maintenance steps below and your bottle will keep providing the pure refreshment you love in the years to come.
Before initial use:
Hand-wash your flask and cap with hot, soapy water. Rinse the flask as well as the cap and it’s ready for adventure.
- Put your flask through the dishwasher or soak the exterior in hot water. Repeated exposure to high temperatures can cause color fading in the powder coat.
- Put your Hydro Flask in the freezer: Due to the double wall vacuum insulation, the water inside will be protected from the temperature inside the freezer and won’t freeze. If you want ice cold water, put some ice cubes inside your flask and notice how long it takes them to melt!
- Put your flask on the stove: Due to the double wall vacuum insulating property of the flask, outside temperature will not change the inside beverage temperature. If you put your flask on any sort of stove or heat source, the heat will damage the outside of the flask.
- Soak or put the Flex Cap, Wide Flat Cap, Stainless Steel Flat Cap, or Loop Caps through the dishwasher: The Flex Cap, Wide Flat Cap, Stainless Steel Flat Cap, Standard Loop Cap, and Narrow Loop Cap can take on water when they are run through the dishwasher or submerged in water for an extended time. Instead, we recommend hand washing them with hot, soapy water, rinsing, and allowing them to dry.
- Use bleach or chlorine to clean our products: Those chemicals will ruin and rust stainless steel; therefore, they should not be used on our products.
- Wash your flask with a bottle brush: Shop our cleaning accessories and use the Bottle Brush and Straw & Lid Cleaning Set as frequently as possible.
- Use white distilled vinegar for cleaning: You can use household white distilled vinegar to help remove any stains or discoloration on the inside of your flask. We recommend putting ½ cup of vinegar in your flask, gently swirling the vinegar around to wash any affected areas, and let sit for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and repeat if necessary.
- Use baking soda for cleaning: For those stubborn spots inside your Hydro Flask, mix 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda with a small amount of warm water to form a scrubbing paste. Dip the bristles of your bottle brush in the paste and work paste into affected area on the inside of your flask. Repeat as necessary until stains disappear.
- Wash your Hydro Flip Lid and Wide Straw Lid in the dishwasher: The Hydro Flip Lid and Wide Straw Lid are top-rack dishwasher safe. The cap may last longer if it is hand washed, but if it needs to be deep cleaned, the dishwasher is acceptable.